Neurofeedback is a safe, effective, non-invasive and medication-free method to improve mature development, focus, motivation and mood self-regulation in children and teenagers. Training is an enjoyable process – the client watches a movie of choice. The brain is given feedback through slight changes in volume and picture size, and adjusts its behaviour pre-consciously in response. An advantage of personalised brain training is that we do not rely on talk therapy or counselling, and the individual learns in a non-authoritarian setting.
By training specific brain areas, we can help the maturation process in many ways:
– emotional self-regulation: mood swings, depression, hyper-activity, motivation, sense of self
– focus and attention: distractibility, ADD/ADHD, dyslexia, reading difficulties
– mature development: Default Mode Network connectivity, dominant alpha rhythm, relational thinking (“It’s all about me” vs. “I’m not part of anything”)
– social engagement: understanding intention of others, desire to interact and communicate, approach / avoidance,
– sleep: ability to fall asleep easily, quality of sleep, enuresis, apnea
– working memory
– language: comprehension and speech generation, stutter, motivation to communicate, sense of situational appropriateness
– early trauma
– headaches and migraines
– developmental disorders: autism, Williams’ Syndrome, learning disabilities
Daniel Webster has extensive experience working with children, teenagers and adolescents. He holds an enhanced DBS check.
Consultations can be scheduled with Daniel – phone +44 (0)7966699430 or email email@example.com